Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A New Turn of Events

While at lunch today I received word that Ethan's condition has taken a turn. There is now swelling in both the left and right ventricles of the brain. We will have more information after the Neurologist talks with Sean and Ashli tonight.

I know that this comes as a blow to Sean and Ashli as they were of the mindset that Ethan only needed to learn to suckle properly to come home and now this..... Please pray for them as well as for Ethan and the staff and physicians that are caring for him.

Some things to remember:
  1. God is still God and as such is still able.
  2. God didn't look down from his lofty perch today and say, "What? When did this happen? Why didn't anyone let me know?"
  3. God doesn't make mistakes.
  4. God loves Ethan, Sean and Ashli.
  5. God is even now standing at the ready to pour out his grace upon Sean and Ashli.
I could go on but I think you get the idea. Trust God in all things.

Pray that the healing virtue from the great physician might be poured out upon little Ethan. Pray that God would comfort and strengthen Sean and Ashli.

Once again, thank you for your intercession on behalf of our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying. This scripture came to mind immediately.

Isaiah 55:8
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.